Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Getting Creative with Reading



Again, it's been a while since I blogged. My reading has been a little sporadic over the past few months (one of the difficulties of being a teacher and working a lot). But, I have been able to read bits and pieces like The September Society (the 2nd in a series of a new Victorian British detective) and a reread of some of the Chronicles of Narnia. After surveying my reading habits, I have down-scaled my book reading, but I have noticed an increase in the amount of articles, particularly on science, health and education that I'm reading. But, I think one of my big goals for this summer is to reconnect with books. And then, as I was driving down 85, I had a thought that worked in a kind of syllogistic fashion...

A) I have never had one of those epic road trip experiences, like this one...

B) Where would I go on said road trip?









C) I love books, want to spread literacy and do something really creative

Therefore, my big idea is... why not go on a tour of US literary landmarks, dedicate some of these posts and have a video blog that not only gave publicity to these locales, but also got the people's opinions about how these books affected their lives?




No comments:

Post a Comment